When people think “home health care agency ” and “home care agency,” they often think they are the same service. However, there are some very distinct differences between the services. Depending on the need of the client will determine what agency is best. When you think of Home Health Care what stands out is the word health. This will imply that service will involve some sort of medical care.
A Home health care services provides skilled care medical professionals that could include Physician Assistants, LPN’s, RN’s, Physical or Occupational Therapist. These medical professionals are equipped in handling medical situations and administering medicine prescribed by doctor.
Some of the services can include:
- At-home physical, occupational, or speech therapy
- Pain management
- Wound care for pressure sores or a surgical wound
- Health Monitoring of serious illnesses
- Intravenous (IV) or nutrition therapy
An In-home care agency is non-medical care service provider
In-home care service providers offer services that would allow a client to have assistance and maintain daily living activities from the convert of their home.
Services can include:
- Help with personal grooming, like bathing or getting dressed
- Help with moving around, getting in and out of bed or the shower
- Medication reminders
- Help preparing meals
- Help with household chores like vacuuming or doing laundry
- Companionship and friendship
- Transportation and Travel Assistance to and from appointments.